Choose a colored pin to explore that location.
Navigate to articles about Denver by either selecting a pin on the map above or consulting the list below.
Just east of the Rocky Mountains lies Denver which is nicknamed the “Mile-High City” because its official elevation is exactly one mile above sea level. During my 2009 West Coast Expedition, I had the opportunity to explore Denver twice, and I was surprised at just how many free and inexpensive things there were to do within the city, as well as nearby. And just a half hour drive west has more gems in store, including the Coors Factory (which offers free tours & beer) and the gorgeous Red Rocks Park.
Free Things to Do in Denver:
- Cheesman Park & Downtown Denver
- Colorado Capitol Dome Tour
- Denver’s Cathedral Basilica
- Denver’s City Park Jazz (Haunted Fountain)
- Denver People’s Fair (Elvis impersonator)
- Denver Chalk Art Festival (Larimer Square)
Cheap Things to Do in Denver:
- Denver Art Museum (This is free sometimes. Check their website for free days.)
Free Things that are just outside of Denver:
Explore other City Pages:
|Big Sur, CA||Chicago, IL||Denver, CO|
|Las Vegas, NV||Madison, WI||Minneapolis, MN|
|Portland, OR||San Francisco, CA||Seattle, WA|